Consultation with doctor
Whether it is better to give peanuts and eggs in the hospital or at home depends on the age and risk factors of your baby
First answer 4 questions in the test to see if you can also start at home with peanut & egg.
In the following situations it is recommended to give peanuts and egg in the hospital
- Your baby is older than 8 months and has moderate to severe eczema
- There has been a previous acute reaction to another food
Consult with the doctor in the following situations what the best route is
Consult with a general practitioner or consultation office if:
- Your baby is between 6-8 months old and has moderate to severe eczema
- There is a food allergy in the family or another reason that you are nervous to introduce at home
Which hospitals can I go to to give my baby peanuts and eggs?
See below a list of hospitals where you can go with your baby:
- Reinier de Graaf Gasthuis, Delft
- Martini Allergie Centrum, Groningen
- Northwest Hospitals, location Alkmaar
- Deventer Ziekenhuis, Deventer
- Elkerliek Ziekenhuis, Helmond
- Catharina Ziekenhuis, Eindhoven
- Erasmus MC/Sophia Kinderziekenhuis, Rotterdam
- Amsterdam Universitair Medisch Centrum, Amsterdam
- Diakonessenhuis Utrecht
- Albert Schweitzer Ziekenhuis, Dordrecht
How does an introduction in the hospital (clinical introduction) work?
If you would like to know what exactly happens during an introduction in the hospital, read the blog here.
If you want further information or if you have specific questions please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org!