3-step scheme - egg
The test shows that a 3-step egg schedule is most suitable for your baby.
Home 3-Step Egg Scheme
If your baby is between 4 and 8 months; and there are no risk factors such as eczema or previous reactions to food, then you can give egg at home via this schedule.
The schedule consists of increasing amounts over 3 days, in 3 steps in which you add cooked egg to the baby's food. You can use this scheme for this, drawn up in accordance with the guidelines from DAVO dieticians and can also be found on the website of the Nutrition center.
Tips for giving egg to your baby:
- Make sure your baby is used to eating fruit and vegetables first. Start at 4 months with vegetables and fruit. It is recommended to start with vegetables and to give 1 variety at a time. Suitable vegetables are cauliflower, green peas, beans, broccoli, carrots or pumpkin. If you want to try fruit, start with banana, peach, pear or melon. If this goes well, you can try other fruits and vegetables.
- Make sure to start in the morning on a weekday. If there is a response, you can always call your doctor.
- Make sure your baby is not sick when you start.
- Give well-cooked scrambled or hard-boiled eggs.
- Stir the egg through the snack. If necessary, grind this fine with the blender or stick blender.
- As soon as your child eats bread, egg can be given as a topping on bread.
IMPORTANT: Keep feeding your baby egg weekly! And don't forget to start with peanuts: buy our products here!